Wednesday 6 February 2013

My go-to bread machine recipe

I've tried a few white bread recipes since my hubby bought me a kenwood bread machine a few months back, but this is my favorite recipe thus far.

It is a very simple recipe, and require very little time and effort to prepare. My kids loved the homemade white loaf made using this recipe.




Ingredients:
1 egg plus enough water to make 240 ml, mix lightly
1 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted using microwave for 30 seconds
375 gram high protein (bread) flour
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried yeast 


  1. Pour the egg and water mixture into the bread machine pan, and add in the melted butter.
  2. Sprinkle over the bread flour over the water/egg/melted butter mixture.
  3. In separate corners of the bread machine pan, add sugar, salt and dried yeast.
  4. Set the bread machine to the basic setting, 500 gram size and choose medium crust and press start.

*Update: I now have a new favourite bread recipe, and the recipe is even simpler and can be ready in less than 2 hours. Here's the link to the recipe: Rapid white bread recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment