Me and the kids spent our Wednesday evening making these cookies. The kids really enjoyed themselves, as I let them decorate the cookies to their liking using sugar stars and sugar balls. I actually wanted to make chocolate chip cookies as per the one I recently made since the earlier batch lasted for less than 2 days, but I guess that can wait since the kids seem overly excited when I told them that we're gonna be making cookies in the shape of an ice cream.
They loved the cookies very much, and the cookies were gone in less than a day!
Here's the recipe that I used to make them, I've made slight changes to the amount of ingredients used as the dough feels too soft to roll-out. Original recipe can be found here.
130 grams butter
60 grams icing sugar
160 grams all purpose flour
30 grams corn flour
20 grams potato flour/starch
20 grams custard flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
20 grams ground almond
Dark compound chocolate - melted, and sugar stars/balls/crystals etc for decoration
- In a mixer, beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (flour, baking powder and ground almond) a little at a time on low speed until well incorporated.
- Using a rolling pin, roll-out the dough. Then, cut out the cookies using cookie cutter.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree celcius and bake the cookies for 20 minutes.
- Decorate as desired using the melted chocolate and the sugar stars/balls/crystals etc.