Sunday 13 January 2013

Chocolate chips cookie recipe

So I kept the promise I made to my kids and we spent our Saturday evening making cookies. Amirul and Faiz both enjoyed helping me making the drop cookies.




I used a different chocolate chips cookie recipe this time around, which I happened to come across the other day whilst surfing the net.

I had however changed the temperature used for baking as there was comment made by a reader asking on why the bottom of her cookies got burnt quite fast. I had also substituted the almond nibs with ground almonds. Original recipe for the cookie can be found here.

Here's the recipe that I used:

Ingredients:
250 grams butter
120 grams sugar
100 grams brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly bitten
320 grams flour
80 grams corn flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
100 grams ground almonds
250 grams chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 160 degree celcius.
Beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
Add in the beaten eggs and beat well.
Mix together the flour, corn flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
Finally, add in the ground almonds and chocolate chips.
Drop the cookie dough a teaspoon at a time onto a baking sheet.
Bake for about 24 minutes.




This recipe yields crunchy chocolate chips cookie like the one bought from famous amos, not the soft chewy type like the one from subway. My kids loved the cookies made, and we liked the cookies too.  My 2 years old daughter said "mmmm, yummy cookie" a few times when eating the cookies.

This recipe is a sure keeper!

1 comment: