Thursday 10 January 2013

First blog post for year 2013

Hope that it is not too late to wish all readers a happy new year.


The start of the new year also equal to the start of a new school term, which also means the start of my daily routine to fetch the kids from school. Not much changes to the routine this year as compared to last year since there will still be days when I have to go out twice to fetch the boys as their end of school time differs. The only difference I made this year is to feed Faiz and Nuha their lunch first on days when Amirul will be back late, whilst waiting for the time to go out and fetch Amirul.



Today's lunch, beef lasagne:





So, it has been close to 6 months since I quit my job and my new life has so far been great and rewarding. Although it is kind of difficult to adjust at first, and tiring at times, but to be able to be with the kids 24-7 made it all worth it.



One thing about being a stay at home mom is that you will need to have a good discipline. It is not an easy or straightforward job, balancing between the time you spent with the kids and doing the house chores. What more if the stay at home mom also work from home.



For now, I am happy with my current schedule: - make breakfast, clean the house after the kids left for school, do laundry, water my plants, wake Nuha up and bath her, feed her breakfast, start cooking lunch cum dinner by 10.30 am so that there will be ample of time prior to fetching Faiz from school, load and run the dishwasher and fetch Faiz and Amirul from school. After lunch, Faiz and Amirul will start with their homework and I will supervise. They then get to watch some TV and in the evening, after our evening tea and depending on the weather, we will either go out to the playground, go to my mum's place or spend it at home. 3 nights in a week, I will send Amirul and Faiz to attend iqra/fardhu ain classes after dinner.



I love being a stay at home mom. I am a much happier person now and I'm sure the kids also enjoy having me around. 




No comments:

Post a Comment