I bought blueberries and bananas during lunch last Friday and wanted to make muffins for breakfast. However, my kids ate all the blueberries and bananas that night before dinner so I have no choice but to defer my plan in making blueberry and banana muffins to some other time.
I end up making doughnut balls for tea yesterday. This is a very easy recipe, seriously, I made about 25 doughnut balls in less than 1/2 an hour. It took me about 10 minutes to mix the ingredients together, waited 15 minutes for the dough to rise, and another 5 minutes to heat the oil and fry the doughnut balls.
For those who wanted to give this a try, here's the recipe:
Doughnut balls recipe:
- 2.5 cups of flour
- About 2 tablespoons of butter
- About 5 grams of dry yeast (I used a little less than 1/2 packet of mauri-pan dry yeast)
- Warm water
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar, and more to serve
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix dry yeast with warm water and put aside.
- Mix flour and 1 tbs of icing sugar, then rub in the butter.
- Mix in the yeast and warm water mixture into the flour mixture, add in water as necessary to make a smooth dough.
- Form small balls using the dough and wait for about 15 minutes for the dough to rise.
- Deep fry the doughnut balls and serve with icing sugar.