Whilst browsing through the internet the other day, I found this recipe on BBCGoodFood's website. It's really easy to make as all you need is a food processor to mix the ingredients together, and a cake pan to bake the cake in.
I was a bit skeptical at first, as normally, in most cake recipes, we tends to cream the butter and sugar first, but in this recipe, all ingredients went into the food processor at the same time. And the cake still came out light and delicious.
- 140g ground almonds (i used flaked almond and processed it in the food processor before adding in the rest of the ingredients)
- 140g butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 140g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g raspberries (i used about 160g)
- flaked almonds
- icing sugar to serve
- Heat oven to 180C, and prepare an 8 inch loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Blitz all ingredients (except for raspberries, flaked almonds and icing sugar) in a food processor.
- Spread half of the cake mix over the cake tin, scatter with raspberries and spread the balance of the cake mix on top of the raspberries.
- Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool, remove from cake tin and dust with icing sugar to serve.
It was really simple, does not require much time to prepare and tasty!. Will definitely make this cake again, but will try it with strawberry or blueberry instead.