Friday 11 January 2013

Banana cupcakes with cinnamon and chocolate chips

Yesterday afternoon, whilst on our way back home after fetching Amirul from school, I asked my two boys on whether the want to do any baking in the evening. Of course both said yes, but there were both arguing on what to bake. Faiz wanted cupcakes whilst Amirul wanted cookies.

And I get to choose because I don't want to bake both. It will be too much and possibly too tiring for them, and for their mom, since they both will need to attend fardhu ain class at 8 pm. I choose to make cupcakes as we have some ripe bananas around, and we can make use of the ripe bananas if we make banana cupcakes.  But to not disappoint Amirul, I told him that we will make cookies next, which means that I will be making cookies either today or tomorrow.



The cupcake recipe that I used was based on a recipe found online, but I had tweaked it a little here and there. The original recipe for banana and cinnamon cupcakes can be found here. I had however used cake flour and baking powder to substitute the self raising flour, reduced the sugar, added in some chocolate chips and skipped the icing.

Here's how I made the cupcakes:

Ingredients:
2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup milk
125 grams butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 to 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup chocolate chips


  1. Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. 
  2. Sieve the cake flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon into a bowl and combine with caster sugar.
  3. Add in milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla essence and stir to combine.
  4. Finally, add in the mashed bananas and chocolate chips and spoon the mixture into the lined cupcake pan.
  5. Bake for 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment