Tuesday 20 August 2013

Homemade chicken nuggets



I found this recipe from pinterest a couple of days ago and had pinned it to my pinterest board, waiting for the right moment to try it.

When the tesco delivery guy came today to deliver the groceries that I've earlier ordered online, and had substituted 1 kg+ of chicken fillets instead of the 3 chicken breasts that I've ordered, I knew that I had to try this recipe.

So, after putting aside some for making other dishes, i've cubed the extras to make chicken nuggets, recipe as follows:

Chicken fillets, cut into bite size
Salt and pepper to taste
Flour
1 egg and some milk, beaten
Breadcrumbs and 1/4 - 1/2 cube of chicken granules

Add salt and pepper to the chicken fillets and coat with the flour.

Pick up the flour coated chicken and dunk into the egg/milk mixture then straight into the breadcrumbs mixture.

Coat with the breadcrumbs and put into a cookie sheet, in a single layer.

Bake at 180 degree celcius for 8 minutes on 1 side, turn, and continue baking for another 7 minutes.

Recipe adapted from here, with changes here and there. Based from the blog entry for this recipe, you can also make extra to freeze, but I didn't get to try that this time around as my kids loved the nuggets so much and ate lots of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment