Sunday 7 April 2013

Crustless mini mushroom quiche

I made mini mushroom quiche last weekend to bring to my niece's birthday party. It was my first time making quiche and I can't believe how simple it is to make one (especially this one since it is crustless). Recipe adapted from the Kitchn, originally adapted from the Fine Cooking Magazine.


1/4 cup corn flour
2 1/4 cup whole milk
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon to 3/4 teaspoon salt
a dash of nutmeg powder
oil, for the mini muffin pan
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
150 grams white button mushrooms, sliced
some baby tomatoes, quartered
grated cheese (I used mozzarella since that is what I have available)

To make the batter, mix corn flour with whole milk. Add in the eggs, salt and nutmeg powder and whisk until smooth.

For the mushroom mixture, heat oil and add in the minced garlic and shallots. Stir until fragrant . Add in the button mushrooms and baby tomatoes and stir until softened.

To prepare the quiche, oil mini muffin pan(s) well. Put grated cheese, followed by the mushroom mixture and pour batter until almost full. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top.


Bake in a preheated oven at 220 degree Celsius for about 15 minutes.


Once cooled, carefully lift each quiche out of the muffin pan (I used off-set spatula to do this).


Based from the the Kitchn's website, these quiche freeze very well. Just reheat on a cookie sheet at 200 degree Celsius oven for about 5 to 10 minutes and serve.

These quiche were delicious and I will make this again in the near future to stock on my freezer meals.



No comments:

Post a Comment