Thursday 24 December 2009

Swiss buttercream butter cake with strawberries

Whilst browsing through the internet, I found this entry @ smittenkitchen.com on swiss buttercream.

Since I'm still in the process of experimenting buttercream recipes to search for a suitable ones to keep and use and had never tried swiss buttercream before, I've decided to give it a try.

So, I baked a small 6 inch butter cake and proceeded to prepare the buttercream.

I would say that the process is much more easier that preparing the italian meringue buttercream, and it tasted quite similar too. Not too sweat and I actually love the taste. The instructions given on the website is very clear and straightforward.

My 2 children helped me with the decoration. I iced the cake with buttercream and they both had fun decorating the cake with strawberries.








No comments:

Post a Comment