Sunday 30 August 2009

Cake Decorating - my first attempt

I’ve been baking for the last couple of months now, every weekends without fail. And here were some of the results:


My very first attempt in cake decorating, cupcakes for my mum and sister's birthday. Made these vanilla cupcakes with strawberry jam filling and buttercream icing. Happy Birthday mama and nad!!


My next project was for my brother in law's birthday. This time around, I made these delicious chocolate cupcakes with italian buttercream icing. Unlike normal buttercream, the italian buttercream requires more efforts, but it was worth it. Happy birthday Ari!


I'm now officially addicted to baking and decorating cupcakes. So, the week after, I baked more chocolate cupcakes and decorate them with italian buttercream icing.


Now that I've decorated a few cupcakes, I wanted give cake decorating a try. So, this was my first ever decorated cake - Carrot cake with almond flakes, and lemon creamcheese icing. Made this for my sister, to congratulate her for her degree :), congratulations akin!








2 comments:

  1. These are your first ever cakes and cupcakes?!? Wow! Super! And I see from more recent posts you've already progressed right up to pillared tiered cakes! So fun!

    And I love the way you wrote the birthday message across the cupcakes. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karin. I've baked before, but never tried to decorate the cakes & cupcakes that I've baked. I was actually inspired when a friend of mine brought a decorated cupcake to the office. An idea pops into my mine, why not try this the next time I bake cupcakes:) That is where it all started.

    ReplyDelete