Friday 29 March 2013

Creme caramel

I had initially wanted to make creme brulee as I wanted to utilize the egg yolks balance from making the chocolate pavlova, but since my mum had requested for creme caramel, I had changed my plan and made creme caramel instead.


I recently encounter this recipe whilst browsing through the internet and had since kept it in my 'recipes to try' folder. I'm glad I am able to try it out, despite having to tweak the recipe a little so that I can utilize the egg yolks balance.

Recipe is adapted from myresipi, original recipe can be found here.

For the caramel:

1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water

Put both in a microwavable container (I used my 9 inch pie dish) and microwave on high for about 6 minutes until part of the caramel is golden in color.


For the custard:

3 eggs
3 egg yolks
(note: original recipe calls for 4 eggs and 1 egg yolk)
3 cups of milk
3/4 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence

Whisk the eggs and egg yolks, then add in the rest of the ingredients. Pour the mixture into the pie dish (the one with caramel) and bake into a preheated oven at 160 degree Celcius for 1 hour using bain marie / water bath method (i.e. put the pie dish containing the creme caramel mixture into a baking tray and pour hot water into the baking tray).


Love this recipe as it is very easy to make and tasted delicious too!


No comments:

Post a Comment